Txt2tags is a document generator software that uses a lightweight markup language.
PmWiki is a lightweight wiki engine, requiring only php (flat file database, no need for sql) and easily extendable with external modules ("cookbooks"). It uses its own wiki syntax, but it's possible to use txt2tags syntax within PmWiki!
- Get the latest release of pmwiki from http://www.pmwiki.org/ and install it on your server.
- Get the following file: http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/txt2tags.php and save it in your cookbook directory.
- Add the following line into your local/config.php script:
The homepage of this project is:
- http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Txt2tags There is also a complete pmwiki distribution with txt2tags activated by default: http://pmwiki-efo.googlecode.com Here is the current state of what is working and what is not:
- Title level : works
- Numbered Title level : replaced by Title level
- Table of content based on titles : doesn't work. (you can use http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTableOfContents eventually)
- A paragraph is made by one or more lines.
- A blank line separates them. : seems to work. Default in pm wiki?
- a percent sign for comments : works, with a trailing space after the %
- For beautifiers we have bold and italic. : works
- There is also underline, strike and monospaced. : works
- a list of items : works
- More indent opens a sublist : works
- Two blank lines close all the lists. : one line break is enough to close the list.
- Change the hyphen by a plus And you have a numbered list : works
- Definition list : not working
- A quoted paragraph is prefixed by a TAB. : not working. Do we need this? Is it relevant for a wiki?
- verbatim area : works
- raw area : only raw line is working, with double ""
- Verbatim line prefixed with 3 backquotes. : works
- Tables : not working perfectly
- single external url links : works (pmwiki behavior)
- named url links : works
- txt2tags style inner links (without http) : doesn't works, use ["" ""] instead otherwise it will mess with links made with the pmwiki syntax
Title level 1(Edit)
Title level 2 (Edit)
Title level 3 (Edit)
Title level 4 (Edit)
1. Numbered Title level 1
1.1. Numbered Title level 2
1.1.1. Numbered Title level 3
(numbered titles are not displayed with number, but as simple headers)
below is a comment
above is a comment
The txt2tags comments are working, but you have to add a blank line between 2 commented lines
For beautifiers we have bold and italic.
Double beautifier; with bold and italic is working too.
There is also underline,
- This is a list of items
- Just use hyphens
- More indent opens a sublist Two blank lines close all the lists.
- Change the hyphen by a plus
- And you have a numbered list
- Same rules apply
An empty item closes the current list. (this behavior is not working)
- Definition list
- A list with terms
- Start term with colon
- And its definition follows
(definition list is not working)
A quoted paragraph is prefixed
by a TAB.More TABs, more deep.
No TAB or blank line, closes quote.
A verbatim area is enclosed inside three backquotes. **Marks** are not interpreted and spacing is preserved.
(not working too...)
Verbatim line is nice for commands. This time it's working!
test txt2tags table (not working) :
|Table Heading||Table Heading|
A separator line:
And a stronger one:
(At least 20 chars)
More tests (Edit)
remote image :
pmwiki style :